DVS LED SYSTEMS
As of December 29th , 2020
Who We Are
DVS LED Systems is an online distributor and manufacturer of LED video display solutions. The business operates in Daytona Beach, Florida without a retail storefront exclusively through the website dvsledsystems.com, eBay and Reverb.
As a “Data Controller” we are responsible for ensuring that your Personal Information is only used for the purposes on which it was originally collected and in compliance with all applicable data protection laws. We are also responsible to ensure that any third party that we authorize to process the data on our behalf, known as “Data Processors,” also follow these standards and use the data only for these same reasons.
This Policy should be read in conjunction with all the DVS Website terms and conditions.
Changes to This Policy
As part of our GDPR compliance program, we are required to provide EEU Data Subjects information about why we collect and process their Personal and Sensitive data. We collect and use your Personal Information for a range of different business purposes and according to different Legal Bases of processing. The following is a detail of how and according to which Legal Basis we use your Personal Information.
Why We Collect Personal Data
- Processing necessary to fulfill a sales order/contract and provision of services
We use your Personal Information to fulfill sales and provide you with our Services. This includes the following:
- To manage your registration as a user on the DVS Platform. This helps us identify you as a Platform user, and offers you access to different functionalities, and a better experience.
- To complete business transactions and fulfill orders. This involves sending your Personal Information to our partners for shipping and tracking your purchases.
- To process payments. We do not store or capture any credit card information. This information is collected directly by our payment processing partners. Since this information is collected from our site and from you, our customer, we would like to inform you about its collection.
- To update you with order status, shipping and tracking information.
- To provide you with the best quality of customer service via our chat, email and phone lines.
- To provide you with important information about your purchased product including any updates or other manufacturer notices
- To detect, prevent, mitigate and investigate fraud, or other criminal or potentially prohibited activities.
- Processing necessary for us to comply with our legal obligations:
We may use your Personal Information to comply with our local laws and regulations, this includes:
- To comply with all relevant tax and financial reporting requirements and regulations
- To comply with all legal proceedings
- To deal with requests form you to exercise your Data Subject access rights
- To process information regarding a crime or offense and support associated proceedings
- To monitor activities and safeguard your welfare on our Platform and premises
- To protect you, ourselves and our employees through appropriate legal action against third parties who have committed a criminal act or are in breach of their legal obligations.
- Processing based on Consent
With your consent, we may use your Personal Information to:
- Provide you with marketing via email, SMS/Text message.
- Provide you with targeted advertisements from other parties while you are experiencing our Platform
- Provide you with targeted advertisements on third party websites including our advertisements and those of third parties
Our partners may use automated profiling technologies for purposes of serving you with more relevant ads and improving your browsing experience. They do not make automated decisions that might significantly affect you.
How & When You Can Withdraw Consent
Data subjects who are residents and nationals of EEU region are covered by GDPR, and can withdraw your consent from B&H at any time, for specific data processing that is based on your consent.
- Email Marketing
You may opt-out of any email marketing campaigns by clicking “Unsubscribe” within the promotional email. Your email address still may be used to contact you about order updates or service/repairs.
If you do not wish to participate in our advertising personalization programs, you can opt-out by unchecking the appropriate cookies on our Cookie Preference Page. We do not allow third-parties to track or collect your Personal Information on our sites for their own advertising purposes without your consent.
Please note that you can disable all cookies from your browser settings. However, our websites require cookies to function, and disabling all cookies will limit the functionality of the site, including actions like adding products to a cart etc.
At this time only customers assessing our Platform from EEU regions can withdraw consent.
The Data We Collect and How We Use It
DVS may collect Personal Information from you and any devices (including mobile devices) you use when you use our Platform, register for an account with us, provide us information on a web form, update or add information to your account, participate in a community board discussion chat, or when you otherwise correspond with us.
The provision of Personal Information is voluntary, but may be necessary in order to use our Services, such as setting up an account, conducting a transaction, commenting on a blog post or reviewing a product.
- Personal Information you give us when you use our Services or register for an account with us
- Identifying information such as your name, addresses, telephone numbers or email addresses when you register for an account with us.
- Postage, billing and other information used to send an item, as well as, if needed, information required to clear customs (such as Tax ID or other identification numbers) and relevant postage information (such as tracking numbers and tracking updates).
- Social Security Number or Tax ID for the purpose of processing an application for Financing
- You may also provide us other information through a web form, by updating or adding information to your account, through your participation in blog posts, community discussions, chats, or when you otherwise communicate with us regarding our Services.
- Additional information we are required or authorized by applicable national laws to collect and process in order to authenticate or identify you or to verify the information we have collected.
- Note: DVS may collect credit card or other financial information from you when signing a credit card authorization form. This is required by our processing partners to ensure your authorization to use the credit card for purchasing. On occasion for some customers, DVS may require bank account information.
Personal Information We Collect Automatically When You Use Our Services
- We collect information about your interaction with our Services, your advertising preferences and your communications with us. This is information we receive from devices (including mobile devices) you use when you access our Services. This information could include the following: Device ID or unique identifier, device type, ID for advertising and a unique device token.
- Computer and connection information such as statistics on your page views, traffic to and from the sites, referral URL, ad data, your IP address, your browsing activity, history and your web log information.
- Personal Information we collect using cookies and similar technologies
- Personal Information we collect from third parties
On occasion, we might collect Personal Information from third parties such as tradeshows to market our products and services to you. This information is usually limited to name, email address and rarely mailing addresses.
- Types of Cookies on our Platform
There are several types of cookies that we may use on our site. These are constantly changing while we monitor and upgrade our site.
- Session cookies – These are cookies that expire/are erased at the end of your browser session, but allow us to recognize your actions within a website during that browsing session.
- Third-Party Cookies – These cookies are set by our service providers at our request while on our Platform. They may be Session or Persistent cookies. These are cookies that sit out on Platform and are managed by third parties at our request, to provide services and improve the customer browsing experience and for advertising. They may also be used to detect and prevent fraudulent activity. Â These cookies collect data about your activities while on our Platform and may be used to enhance the setting party’s datasets. They can be used to serve to advertise to you on our Platform and other websites.
Relationships & Sharing Information
DVS maintains special relationships with a select number of authorized business partners. For your security or benefit, we may share information about you and your transactions with other companies for many reasons including verification, fraud prevention, government policy compliance, order fulfillment, and warranty purposes. We also may be required to disclose an individual’s Personal Information in response to a lawful request by public authorities, including meeting national security or law enforcement requirements.